“Just getting here is part of the adventure!”
Let The Adventure Begin…
1. Turn on your GPS or open a navigational app like Google Maps or Waze
2. Navigate to the intersection of “Murphy Dome Road & Sheep Creek Road”
If you can’t find this intersection, search for Ivory Jack’s Restaurant instead. This is very near to the intersection you’re looking for. Hint: Goldstream Highway and Sheep Creek Road are basically the same here. Don’t let the interchangeability of these names confuse you.
3. Turn onto Murphy Dome Road. You are now 20-30 minutes away from Black Spruce Dog Sledding. (Directions continue below photos)
Q: Can I just put “Black Spruce Dog Sledding” into my GPS?
A: Maybe! But depending on where you’re coming from, your GPS may direct you to a route that isn’t maintained for vehicle travel. If you attempt to navigate directly to our location by entering our business name, please make sure your GPS is sending you through this intersection with Sheep Creek (aka Goldstream Highway) and Murphy Dome Road. Think of this intersection as a sort of magical gateway! You can’t get here without first passing through this intersection.
Q: Are Murphy Dome Road and Old Murphy Dome Road the same?
A: No! Don’t confuse these. You will use both of these roads for getting to our location, but they’re not the same. Murphy Dome Road runs north and south, and Old Murphy Dome Road runs east and west.
4. Drive for 2 miles on Murphy Dome Road
5. Turn right on Spinach Creek Road
6. Drive on Spinach Creek Road for ~5 miles until it ends in a T-intersection at OLD Murphy Dome Road. You are now about 10 minutes away from Black Spruce Dog Sledding.
Pro Tip: There is a parking area at this intersection. If it looks like you’ll be more than 15 minutes early for your tour, please park here and hang out for awhile. This is a beautiful spot for taking pictures. This is also a good spot to open any heat packs you may have with you (winter) or put on bug spray (summer).
Don’t: Park here if you think you’ll get stuck! If the snow or mud is very deep, park on the side of the road instead. Not sure? Get out and feel how stable the ground is with your feet.
Don’t: Get overdressed here. Since your car is warm, you shouldn’t be wearing all of your winter layers while you drive. If you get warm and sweaty in the car, you’re going to be cold later when you’re outside with the dogs.
7. Turn right (east) on Old Murphy Dome Road.
8. Drive for ~4 miles. Eventually you’ll see Darling Avenue on your left, but don’t turn on it, no matter what your GPS says! Keep going and take your next left onto McCall Street.
9. After 1 mile, turn left on Errol Ave
10. Look for the large Black Spruce Dog Sledding business sign on the right at the end of our driveway. Turn in. You’ve made it!
Welcome to Black Spruce Dog Sledding!