We will begin the 2017-2018 race season with approximately 22 of our best dogs in training. These are the dogs who eat the most, run the furthest, and need the greatest care and attention. When you sponsor a dog, your $500 donation helps to pay for your chosen dog’s booties, harnesses, jackets, food and other health supplies. Regardless of whether your favorite canine finishes this season as a veteran racer or a beloved tour dog, you’ll receive some awesome thank you gifts.
THANK YOU GIFTS for 2018
- A high-quality, large print photo of your dog. (Only available if this is your first season sponsoring that dog.)
- A magnetic, vehicle decal with your name and your sponsored dog's name. This magnet will travel hundreds of miles with us this season, displayed on our truck and trailer as we race. But in the spring this souvenir is yours to keep!
- A mid- and end-of-season update on your dog’s progress – written from the dog's perspective! Will your dog be chosen to race in the 2018 Iditarod?! If so, read about their excitement and the challenges of running 1,000 miles. If they stayed at home, find out why and what next year might hold.
- A 2018 Iditarod commemorative sweatshirt. Designed and printed exclusively for kennel fans and sponsors.
- Recognition of your sponsorship. We'll thank you publicly on facebook, our website and through the Iditarod!
- A photo of Jeff and his team from the 2018 Iditarod Trail! Whether your dog makes the cut or not, everyone's contribution is important! This photograph will be a treasured keepsake to remind you of your place on our team.
How to Sponsor a Dog:
1. Fill in the blank with the name of your favorite dog and click "Add to Cart." You will then be redirected to a service provided through PayPal. You don't need a PayPal account to use this service - just a credit card.
2. To send a check instead, just make your check payable to Black Spruce Dog Sledding at 3850 Errol Ave. Fairbanks, AK 99709. Remember to include the name of the dog you want to sponsor in the memo line!